Tuesday, June 28, 2011

High Five

For a few years now I and Andrew have enjoyed the High Five magazine. It has the BEST recipes ever and every issue is packed with good stories, crafts, games, etc.
Many a times I have found Andrew sitting on his bed with his nose in the magazines. It has even happened that I have found him asleep on top of a pile of High Fives. Now that he is learning to read, the pages have become a tool to practice his skill. Just today, I noticed the High Five audio option in the magazine. I checked it out and we all - Andrew, Saara, and I - listened to the stories being read out loud to us. I must admit, it was more fun than me reading because all the sound effects in the background. Also, it was a nice change to listen to someone else beside Mommy read.