We are done with our first day of homeschooling. I am slightly surprised that it did not feel much different from what I have been doing for the past three years. I may have a few more books now, but in general, it's the same. Learning at home.
Andrew has been very excited about his schooling. I could tell by how bubbly he was telling Dad everything he did today. He loves all of his new school stuff.
The best part of the day was learning about the Earth spinning around its axis and orbiting around the Sun. We closed ourselves in the kids' bathroom (the darkest room with an electric outlet in the house), switched on a lamp without the shade (the Sun), and used an inflated globe beach ball (the Earth). We will do it again tomorrow when we learn about the day and the night. It truly does not feel like learning at all. Just having fun.
And it is not only me coming up with creative expressions. After reading about dinosaurs and watching a recorded TV documentary on those long dead creatures, Andrew got on his bucket hat, grabbed his old Halloween pail, toy hammer, and paint brush and headed to the sandbox to play a paleontologist. He has found a number of animal bones in the forest (including a wild hog jaw bone), I would not be surprised if he truly is a scientist in the making.