Friday, January 27, 2012

Week 20 Day 5

One of my favorite quotes is by Reba Mcentire: "To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone." We went over our bones today again and I had the kids match the stickers with bone names with the right bones on their bodies. It was fun.
Also, I used a piece of elastic tape to demonstrate how our muscles move by stretching and contracting.

We spent a considerable amount of time learning the digestive system. There were a few new words for Andrew to remember, like saliva, acid, digest, etc. So we took it slowly and we will go over all of it tomorrow again.

Andrew may not know what a funny bone looks like or where it is located in his body, but he definitely has one. We reviewed the organs and I pointed at the lungs asking Andrew what those were. Andrew said: "Gills." (as a true fisherman would). I said, no, Andrew, we are not fish, what are those things. Andrew: "The air compressor!" Feel free, have a laugh!