Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week 23 Day 1

Andrew had not seen this many (two) MDs since the day he was born. Yesterday, he had two appointments and now a new bottle of medicine. This pesky cough just does not leave him alone. Nor does the runny nose. Obviously, I did not schedule any school work and so, with us taking a trip this week end we will do school only three days this week. But busy three days they will be.

Today, we started reading "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". I remember reading it as a child and thinking what a silly and boring book it was. My husband said he was scared of the characters when he was little. Well, how be! After the first chapter, the kids are liking it. Let's see what happens. They liked "My Father's Dragon" (a rather silly book, in my opinion) so much that I borrowed two following books from the library. As our Vocabulary Development, we are reading "Elmer and the Dragon" right now and hopefully will be finished before we need to return the book. I guess, silly or not, it is a healthy sort of story and has good words in it to learn and explore.