Quiet but good. That is how I would describe our school day today. Andrew and Saara liked the Language Activity we did today. It was called "rhyme pop-up" and the kids had to jump up out of their chairs when they heard a word that rhymed with the given main word. They had to listen really carefully.. So far, I think, this is the best little listening exercise in the program. I will definitely try this game again.
We finished our school day watching the science video. Last week we learned about the planes and how they take off and steer. Today we continued by building our own gliders. Oh, we love paper planes! So far, it has been Mom or Dad who have folded them for the children, but this time, they made their very own planes with rudders and all with no or very little help from aside. Surprisingly, the planes flew beautifully. It was a lot of fun.
One more thing, there are a few road constructions going on on our way to town, and ever since we talked about diggers and I showed a couple of videos to the children on the YouTube, they have been pointing out all sorts of heavy machinery they spot, including excavators. Today, we saw a tractor bailing hay. I'd have never considered a sight like that a treat ... until I started homeschooling.