Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week 34 Day 3


We had an industrious but rather uneventful school day.  Our math assignments today turned out to be rather challenging. We spent more time on reviewing money and telling time than I had thought we would. But here's the beauty of homeschooling again: I am not driven by a set number of minutes to accomplish a task, I can focus on the task or challenge and dissect it, chew on it or even sleep on it, until I understand. That is exactly what I did with Andrew. We proceeded slowly and step by step and many, many examples and exercises later, Andrew now understands. 

In science we looked at the Moon. Andrew likes the Moon. I think, all children do. Last week, when we had this Super Moon shining, we took our binoculars and looked at the Moon. It was cool. If it had not been for the mosquitoes, we would have stayed out there late gazing into the night sky. Living in the country, we should really invest into a nice telescope. The stars are amazing things.