This week is going to be a short one. No need to overdo ourselves. I'd rather be baking Christmas cookies, belting out Christmas songs, and making all sorts of Christmas memories with my kids this time of year than burying ourselves in the depths of the curriculum.
Because yesterday we had to take a sort of an 'emergency' drive out of town, I did pack in as much school work today as I could. I know where I would like to push the pause button on our studies before Christmas break, and I would like to get there by Thursday. So, we did our letters, reading, math, spelling, etc. portions meant for today (and some of yesterday's).
Both kids liked looking up the old Greek statues of the ancient gods and goddesses. We were half laughing how little clothes those statues had on. I am teaching my kids about appropriate and modest clothing and why our family chooses to dress the way we do. But also, I will not make a big deal out of the skimpy clothing of the Greek statues nor the pages in the history books nor the works of some famous painters. They are not much different from the society nowadays: whatever store one goes in, especially in summer time, one is bound to run into someone who has more skin than clothes on. I will always remember a colleague of mine who said about raising kids: no need to shelter them, but there is a high need to teach right from wrong.
Tomorrow is a big day for Andrew and Saara. Saara's choir and both of theirs bells choir is ready to perform. I am excited and nervous. I think, I am coming down with the stage fever.