Monday, December 31, 2012

Three Kings' Day

The Three King's Day on January 6th is celebrated in Estonia and, I found out, in Mexico as well. Interesting. 
Today, Saara and Andrew painted a picture to celebrate this holiday. The idea came from the Caryola website: paint a picture, sprinkle it with salt, and after it dries, wipe off salt and glue silhouettes to the perfect starry background. I used a cardstock paper instead of the watercolor paper and the outcome was not as 'starry', but the kids had fun and loved the craft nevertheless.
Because I was packing up Christmas decorations, we moved our craft time from the table to the floor. Which was not a bad idea as paints and salt were involved.

To speed up the drying process, we used a blow dryer.

Saara's wise men and camel.

One more week of winter break left. Happy New Year to all!