Monday, April 8, 2013

'12/13 Week 30 Day 1

The weather is changing on us again. I could feel it in my bones. And it was obvious in every yawn that Andrew took. We kept it short today as after lunch I found more comfort in laying down than staying up.
Thankfully, I mean it for real, I am very thankful that I almost never have those days when I have to postpone lessons because I am not feeling well. But teachers, no matter what class room they are in, do have sick days.
Before I had to make the command decision and postpone our LA and Science class. We did get a bit done. Our Bible class was full of discussion and prayer this morning. In Math, Andrew was excited to see that the straws he organized on the table formed an image of a cube. And in History, we went over some facts about the first tribes in North America and watched a video about these mound builders. 
Saara and Andrew recorded in their journals the progress of their seeds.

Saara naming the shapes and counting their sides.

Andrew building an image of a cube out of straws.

And then he tried to draw the image on the paper. It took a bit practicing but he mastered it pretty well.