Also, today we read last chapters of a couple of books (like Andrew's poetry book) that we have been reading bit by bit since August. It is kind of sad.
And I totally take back any doubts I had about "Detectives in Togas". Andrew declared it his favorite book (just like all the others we have read). I am not going as deep into this book as we did with Mr. Popper's Penguins, but 'Detectives' is a good book to learn about the characters. We have seven boys as main characters, each with a different personality. As we read (and we will be reading the book for a while still), I would like to focus on discovering bits and pieces about the boys' characters. Andrew helped me make a chart ready for this study. He himself would loved to be one of the boys, I am sure of it - full of mischief like he is.
| I photocopied the pictures of the characters from the book and Andrew helped me set up a chart for a character study. |
| Boys, be ready! Here we come. |
| Saara reviewing her knowledge in math. |