Monday, August 5, 2013

2013 Summer Activities 8

As the week started, I was a bit apprehensive because I had nothing planned for the kids except for their morning swimming lessons. Would they be bored out of their minds? 
Well, I did not count on them being SO resourceful. I told them 'no' on TV every time they asked, and they came up with loads of things to do. Most of them were terribly artsy.

Last week of swimming lessons.
One day, the kids were learning a bit about water safety.
And there was the fun day.


One afternoon Saara asked me, if she could go ahead and paint. Sure, I said. I had no idea that both kids painted for four days and at the end of it all we organized a little exhibition.
 
The next levels accomplished. Saara's swimming instructors were shocked when I told them Saara was just five years old. She was the youngest in her group of mainly 9-12 (or so)-olds.

More painting. Now on the the rocks.

Andrew's rock faces.

I have been going over and organizing things for the new school year. It is only two weeks away! One day, I dressed the kids up in the Wild West style stuff and made some WANTED posters. Andrew and Saara thought it was a lot of fun.

Wild Wild West. It is going to be a Wild New School Year!
Drum roll, please! Andrew setting up the art exhibition.

I think, some abstract pieces Saara painted are worth a pretty penny (as if I would ever sell any). Totally 'frame-able'.


The artists 'discussing' their work just before the 'official' opening.