Tuesday, October 29, 2013

'13/14 Week 9 Day 2

This has been the most productive Tuesday ever! I am trying to always stay realistic and not expect too much from a day when we spend the better part of the morning in town for Saara's ballet class and then library. 
Today, however, there must have been more than 60 seconds in each minute because we took our time and did some extra-curricula things, and still wrapped up our day at our usual quitting time.

Andrew was very excited to be done with all of his math and have no homework.
Bible. The story of the brass serpent. The Isrealites complained again and were punished with an invasion of venomous snakes.

But everyone who was bitten by a snake was healed when they looked at the brass snake Moses erected in the middle of the camp. Our versatile stuffed viperwas not as fancy, but I do not think he minded the mop handle very much.

Science. Saara has been learning about water, how it shapes coastlines and makes caves. We looked at the photos from a month ago from our own cave tour in West Virginia. I asked Saara to give me a small summary of her trip to the cave. I wrote it down and asked her to draw a picture of her favorite part of the tour.

She said, she liked everything in the cave, but at the end of the day a pool with some fish in it won. Here's a picture of the pool, the hand rail and her wearing a helmet.

 http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pExWeYcEL._SX258_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

 I was so thankful to be able to borrow this book from the library. For weeks now, we have been reading and learning about some symbols of the US. This book fit our studies perfectly. I find it very useful, so much, that I am determined to to find a copy for our own library.