Wednesday, January 22, 2014

'13/14 Week 18 Day 2

Today was filled with Legos. Not only did the kids play with their Legos during the breaks, but I found a few illustrative videos that were animated using Lego characters. 

Like the story of Absalom in the Bible. A fun little Lego-work I found on thebricktestament.com. I browsed through the other material on the website. Some interpretation I found a bit overdone and not appropriate for kids at all (purely my opinion). But the bits I used for today worked beautifully with the story I was reading from the Bible. 

Another Lego-themed video we watched was that of the battle of Crecy between England and France in 1346 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBDGLlSIcw  I thought, it was a 'fun' introduction into the 100 Years War. We will get more serious from here.
Bible. Andrew's Bible song is kind of mellow and 'balletish' (the whole Psalm 121), so while we listen and sing along to it, Saara is treating us to a performance of interpretive dance. :)