In science, I and Saara read about what science is and what it does and how scientists work. I asked her to name things that would not be in our house if scientists had not made it happen. Well, we pretty much 'stripped' our rooms down to the pioneer era level.
Andrew, using one of the blessings science and technology has brought to our house - the computer, was taking a closer look at the hurricanes. We watched some footage of Katrina and Andrew. But most importantly, we talked about what we should do if severe weather threatened our region.
Another BIG subject with Andrew was Peter the Great in history. Because Peter won the Nordic War with Sweden, Estonia became part of the Russian Empire. In fact, one of the most famous battles of the war was fought at Narva, Estonia.
In Tallinn, Peter also bought and renovated a cottage for his wife Catharine I. It is now a museum. So, besides talking about the man and his achievements in Russia, I was able to touch upon some facts in the Estonian history as well. Cool!
| This is what Saara occupied herself with while I and Andrew were getting to know Peter I. |