As the kids and I sat down with our calendars this morning, we saw that the week ahead will be very busy. Our day today was very busy. By some miracle, we managed to cover all the subjects today. The best part of it was - we had fun doing it.
In history, I decided to postpone learning about the French Revolution (the next chapter) until Andrew understands and is able retell the course of the American Revolutionary War. For this purpose, I drew a map with lots of stick figures and arrows, etc. on the white board. Andrew thought, it was fun and it clearly made it easier for him to remember the names and the order of events.
 |
| Bible. The story of Jesus resurrecting a poor widow's son. |
In science, Saara learned about how things expand in heat and how they contract in cold. Our experiment with cooling down air in the bottle worked beautifully. The opposite - heating the air in the bottle - did work, but not as well.