Friday, June 27, 2014

'13/14 Week 38 Day 4

Yesterday ended up being a day of stories. Lots of them, plus a visit to the library from where we brought home even more stories. Somewhere in between all this reading fun, we managed to fit a math lesson as well. Although we worked hard, I did not count the day as a full school day.
LA. Saara counting the grains of rice just like in the story.

Math. Andrew learned how to mark and read coordinates on a grid. This lead to another lesson: how to play the battleship. The old-fashioned way.
 Ten. This is the number of school days left after today. I can not believe we are so close to the end. Saara finished her math program today, and she is already pouting to have more math lessons. I guess, I will be printing out worksheets from education.com. 

Bible. This was completely out of the blue. Andrew's memory verse was set to a lively cha-cha tune, and I could not resist teaching the kids just a few basic steps. I am not into cha-cha nor rumba nor any other Latin dances, but it never hurts to know. Besides, even the basic steps provide a very good exercise.

Math. Saara working on her very last page of Kindergarten math.

Done!

History. Ingrid Bergman as Gladys Aylward.