Monday, August 25, 2014

'14/15 Week 1 Day 1


First day of school. Somehow, it lacked all the fuss. It just felt like a normal day with organized activities. Seamless. No jitters. Not even me. 

The first week of school is always a sort of a week of trials and errors. I have to see how much extra activities we can manage time wise, how long will teaching a subject to both kids take, what are the things they can do together, where do I need to give more individual help, etc. The first day has already given me a couple of ideas to change to make our work more efficient.

For the children, the first day was intense but enjoyable. Andrew's reading assignments are longer, and his history and science are more in depth than before.

Saara has her own spelling words to learn, and she is so happy to have Andrew's old books all to herself now.

I am excited, ready, willing, and impatient. There's so much to learn. I pray, this year will be another great year of discoveries and adventures.

The trusted old calendar is helping us out this year as well.


History. Saara's first lesson today was about different countries of the world. We looked at our old passports, a few foreign coins, and listened to different foreign languages on the Youtube.



Andrew will focus on the American history this year.


LA. Saara making compound words.


For Saara's spelling practice, I am trying something new this year - stamping, rainbow-writing, and plain old writing. All on one page.

Science. Saara stepped into the world of animals, Andrew into the world of biology.