Saturday, August 30, 2014

'14/15 Week 1 Day 5

Our last day of the first week went by very fast. What a beautiful end we had to the day! 
Andrew fell in love with writing. The spelling part of it is still something we are practicing and working on, but, I believe, Andrew discovered the fun of expressive writing. It was such a great light bulb moment. I asked him to write a story where he would use adjectives that describe our five senses, like 'a loud noise' or 'a bright light', etc. He came up with a neat story of cars of different color tasting a lemon. Very imaginative. I was very pleased, and the writer himself was terribly happy with his achievement. 
We also started to read a new book about music - an introduction to the orchestra.It was very enjoyable. Andrew whistled Wagner's Valkyries the whole afternoon.
Art. Learning some watercolor techniques. Here, water onto water.

Water on dry.


Variegated.

Graded.