![]() |
| Nothing starts the week off better than a green frog. Andrew spotted one and asked me if I could snap a picture of it. |
As usual on the first day, we started a number of new things, like new spelling words to practice, new Bible verse to memorize, new patriotic song about America to sing, etc. In Saara's geography class, she started learning the names and locations of the countries in the Middle East. One of them was Turkey, and the kids were very proud of their mugs that their Aunt brought to them from that country.
Today, we spent part of the morning at the library listening to a talk and demonstration of the kind of life farmers (and their kids) led 150 years ago in Texas. Our family had visited the Barrington Living History Farm in spring, so a lot what was presented the kids already had tired and experienced, except for the butter making. Some jars with cream were passed around and the audience was asked to shake the jars for the butter to form. At the end of the presentation all kids who wanted to could taste the butter on crackers.
| Geography. Saara started learning the countries in the Middle East. |
| History. Saara watching a water hauling demonstration at the library. |
| "Who likes to eat vegetables?" |
| A model of a typical farm house in Texas 150 years ago. |
![]() |
| After the presentation, it was fun for the kids to play together with friends. |
| I believe, I have found the formula that works for us this year. I hope, I do not have to change it too much once ballet, choir, and baseball start up. |

