Wednesday, October 14, 2015

'15/16 Week 9 Days 1 and 2

At the end of our Day 1, Andrew and I sat down and built a small electromagnetic motor. We followed all the instructions, but our model did not work. We tried our best to tweak it, but as it was getting late, we decided to call it quits. It looked so easy on the paper, but even the 'science' guys on the video clip that accompanied the lesson about motors, could not get it working well. They gave us a few things to check or try differently next time we assemble the motor again. I think, we will try it again one day.
Science. Our electric motor did not work unfortunately.

Saara has been learning about joints and muscles.

This year, I have been putting a lot of emphasis on writing and developing writing skills. The kids are constantly in the middle of writing something for the LA class. How joyful it is for a teacher to see them night after night sitting down and writing a story just because they want to, because they enjoy writing and think it a lot of fun.