Tuesday, February 9, 2016

'15/16 Week 22 Days 4 and 5

The end of the school week was busy. In math Andrew started geometry studies again. We reviewed everything we had learned about lines, rays, and angles. It slowed us down a little on Friday and I had to postpone our history lesson for we did not want to be late for the choir practice. We caught up with the missed lesson on Saturday. We finished our chapters about WW I and are reading about the 'roaring twenties' right now. Saara moved on to the Tudors. She likes Elizabeth I a lot and I am glad Sonlight includes a book about her life for her age-group.
Science. We made jello-lenses in special molds. The concave one made the text look smaller.


A very interesting morning: frost on the ground and thick fog above the ground.

We celebrated the Shrove Tuesday early with traditional Estonian cardamom buns.