Sunday, May 15, 2016

'15/16 Week 35

The choir concert on Monday was fabulous. All the children had been practicing hard and it showed. I had been helping out with the choir, so I knew what the songs were, but I had not seen either kid of mine play the bells or chimes this semester. I was in for a beautiful surprise. Saara and another boy were the lead bells and they put their heart into it. Andrew's roll in his group was not as important, but he had to read the measures and notes instead of relying on colored notes. It is more demanding, and I am thankful that he is learning a lot. But we are done with the choir for this semester.




Science. Andrew learning the basics of how the electric motor works.

Our simple model of the electric motor.

After reading about the life and work of Marie Curie, we watched an old classic about the same things we read in the book.

Greer Garson as Marie Curie in "Madame Curie"

We finished the choir for this semester, we also finished reading and listening to this book and CD. Now only practicing the recorder remains.

Science. Saara answering questions about Marie Curie's work.

A chapter about electrical power.

Friday night at the ball field.

Andrew struck out once, but ran home twice.