Sunday, September 10, 2017

'17/18 Week 4

Labor Day afternoon.
      The week started with a holiday and we did shorten our school day for the occasion. I did not dare to completely cancel learning on Monday because the week ahead looked daunting, and I really did not want any assignment lingering into the next week. So we labored some on Labor Day and took the afternoon off for fun stuff. 
      The rest of the week was fast-paced. On Tuesday, we met up with some friends and visited our local natural science museum. Later in the week, the children wrote an essay about their experience highlighting new things they learned. I believe, they were quite amazed themselves at all the information they found interesting. 
      Saara's ballet classes and volleyball practices started up this week as well. So did the kids' choir and chimes practices. Thankfully, both kids worked hard at their lessons in the morning, and we finished our instructional time well before we had to leave for all these after-school activities. I can hardly believe this is Andrew's seventh and Saara's sixth year in the PGM choirs. I can barely believe, we have already done school for a whole month! Time sure flies when you are having fun.

Waiting for the ballet class to begin. This is her fifth year as ballerina. 

And we keep working on our first year as taekwondo students.


This is also Saara's first year as a volleyball player. She loved her first practice so much, she could not believe it was over when it was over. 

Science. Learning about the parallel circuits

Again a good ending to a hectic week - a wonderful play date and movie/video games night with friends.