Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 21 Day 4

We managed to avoid the downpour this morning and had a good time at the library. I like that Ms. Bobbie is tackling the long vowels now along with the usual letter sounds. Today, the story time craft was about 'the alphabet soup'. It made Andrew mighty hungry.

Today was also the Groundhog Day. I think, every culture, especially up north where a lot of the wildlife hibernates has a day like this. In Estonia the bear turns over to the other side and sleeps on because half of the winter is still ahead. Over here we deal with rodents, however.
We watched a really good story on the YouTube (by MOnatureKids) about the groundhog. Also, we read an article in the HighlightsKids.com on groundhog's burrow and we made a pop-up picture of the animal (http://www.highlightskids.com/crafts/groundhog-day-pop-toy).


But now it is storming outside. Quite a wet end to our school week. If I was a groundhog, I would not poke my nose out of my burrow. Not today.