Last night's Super Bowl got us to bed a bit late and we started our school day later than usual. Still, we covered everything and more, except the science lesson. There are some major taste test coming and I would love to take my time with it. I can not wait, it should be fun!
Today, we started learning about the whole and the halves, about the dollar and half a dollar, we counted by 50s to 1000 and then ate our school work - the apple halves.
I had forgotten how much Andrew likes to tell stories. His language task today asked him to elaborate on a couple of sentences and he gave me two pages of a rather fantastic story. I had to remind him to finish it up. These kind of exercises are really good. Although Andrew has still to learn how to keep a story short and sweet, he has learned how to develop a story-line and how to reign it in once I tell him it is time to finish. And he loves to hear me read him back his own stories.
Here, I have to tell something what happened during the week end. I had borrowed a DVD from the library not paying much attention what exactly I had picked up. The cover showed a picture of Peter the Rabbit and it had big letters of Beatrix Potter on it. So home it came with us. As it was raining, I popped it in and settled down with my kids to watch what I thought would be a movie. Well, it was a movie-ballet. To my surprise, Andrew and Saara both watched the whole thing. I had never developed an appreciation for this art, but it seems my kids are made of a different material. Good for them.