It was a rather quiet, sweet day. Andrew was 'up and running' again with his reading. His writing, however, ... we are still working on it.
In our Language Arts, we took a closer look at what suffixes are, and I had Andrew try out a number of root word and suffix combinations. He liked the activity.
In our Language Arts, we took a closer look at what suffixes are, and I had Andrew try out a number of root word and suffix combinations. He liked the activity.
In our geography lesson we read about different foods in the world. I did not have time today, but I promised to fix a couscous dish for dinner this week - something the book mentioned and a new food we have never tried. We also watched a video on Youtube about how cheese is made. The Little Miss Muffet nursery rhyme made more sense to the children after we learned about 'curds' and 'whey'.
Our week-long library reading program led us to two books about Texas. This was the first time Andrew and Saara heard about Alamo, Sam Houston, or Stephen Austin. Will they be in for a treat when we get started with Texas history one day! I know, we will drive Daddy crazy with our requests to visit ALL the places we will learn about.
| Andrew completing his math lesson. |
| Learning about suffixes. |
| Saara refining her fine motor skills: coloring WITHIN the lines. |