We love going to the zoo. Last night, we debated between three different zoos and finally decided to take a trip to the Houston Zoo. Last time we visited the place was when Saara had just turned 1. It was a long time ago and we all were very happy to be going there again.
Andrew recognized a lot of animals we had looked at on the computer in his Kindergarten lessons. The names of the dinosaurs were a bit harder to recall (and, honestly, I had never heard of some of them before), but the dinosaur exhibit with its moving and roaring animals was the highlight of the whole tour.
Saara's loved all the animals. I think her favorite part was the petting zoo where she kept brushing and brushing the goats. I suggested, we put some hair ribbons on them too. Saara laughed.
It was a wonderfully spent (hot) day.
| We love the zoo. There's always so much to see. |
| Riding the T-Rex. This one was just a statue. It did not move. |
| Being eaten by the T-Rex. I am glad it did not move. |
| The meerkat. |
| In the tunnel taking a closer look at some fish. Piranhas, I think. |
| The 'jellies'. |
| Beautiful! |
| Tourists at the coral reef. |
| "Look! Nemo!" |
| The elephants. |
| A 'White Christmas' crocodile. I had never seen an albino one before. |
| In the reptile house. |
| The diamond back rattlesnake. |
| :o) |
| Love the grin. |
| The python. |
| Doing his touristy stuff again (I detect Mom's influence). |
| 'Dora' and 'Diego'. |
| The gibbon. It was really cool to watch them swing around. |
| My pet monkeys. :o) |
| Cattle from the Middle-East. |
| Inspecting an African hut. |
| Checking out the sound of some African drums. |
| The chimp. |
| The rhino. |
| The giraffes. |
| The bald eagle. Poor thing had only one wing. |
| At the petting zoo. |
| Saara doing the girly stuff. Making the goat look fabulous. |
| Finally, the dinosaurs! |
| This one rolled his eyes at me. Should I be worried? |
| The T-Rex - a royal encounter. |
| A cool treat on a hot day. |