Wednesday, November 28, 2012

'12/13 Week 14 Day 3

At first, the morning did not look very promising. Saara and I are almost out of the woods of coughing and sneezing while Andrew just entered in. I set up a Wick's vaporizer in our 'class room', gave Andrew his dose of the cough and cold medicine, and prayed he would be feeling better. He did, thank heavens! 

Among many things we did today, the science class with our further studies of water, was probably the most fun. We revisited the pages about floating in our last year's physics book, watched the DVD, and tried some experiments ourselves. 
I was pleased to hear both kids remembering similar experiments we did last year about floating. I liked the fact that I could tie in Saara's study of the liquids with Andrew's science lesson. She has her nose in everything and knows far more than a typical four-year-old should. What will I teach her when she starts Kindergarten? :o)
Here we are: starting our studies with the vaporizer humming in the background.

Andrew is still looking for verbs.

Both kids writing down their hypothesis and the test results.

A toothpick floating under the surface.

Feeling the upthrust.