Monday, November 26, 2012

The Renaissance Festival

We had wanted to go and check out the Renaissance Festival for a long time. Finally, we bought the tickets and drove up to Plantersville. It sure did feel like stepping back in time. I enjoyed being addressed as 'my lady' the whole time by all the vendors. The kids loved the rides and the Medieval Games performance.
God willing, we might go back next year.
Step back in time to the Medieval England.
People in costumes everywhere!
Circus like back then.
Andrew shooting some dragons.
I am truly proud of Saara - she is naturally unwilling and shy to try new things but she has been braving out and shown a lot of courage experiencing the new and the unknown, like this bouncer. 
Saara chose to ride the cow on the merry-go-round, but at the last minute decided the cow was moving around too much and she got off. Kind of hard to be a cowgirl in the princess dress, I agree.

Andrew enjoyed his lama ride to the fullest.
We are about to enter 'the arena'.

One can not watch the jousting tournament with out a hefty handful of cotton candy, can one?

One of the knights.
Honoring 'the king'.

Entertaining enough.

The aftermath.
I believe, the petting zoo was the children's favorite attraction.



Saara having a conversation with a sheep.
Mom's favorite - the bagpipes.