Friday, January 11, 2013

'12/13 Week 18 Day 5

A much better day today. Andrew opted to write his spelling words without the timer again. I have brought out the timer only a few times this week. He is getting better, more confident in his spelling. He catches himself when he makes a mistake and corrects it fast. Also, we will continue studying singular and plural nouns for a while. 

We will also stay with the Hebrew Empire for a day or two longer, as well as the water cycle and clouds. I was glad to hear that Andrew remembered the basic facts about the water cycle and now I added the basic information about clouds to all of his knowledge. Outside we were in for a nice 'treat': first we had some cumulus clouds and then the stratus clouds moved in. This little song on Youtube was a fun one to watch and learn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YswL4dIDQuk
Spelling practice.

While we were waiting for the condensation to happen, we enjoyed a music video about the water cycle.

Yes! It is wet.


Andrew's and Saara's new game: playing the orchestra. They are taking turns conducting and playing the instruments. Cute.