Saturday, January 12, 2013

'12/13 Week 18 Day 6

I would like to swing and shout like Rapunzel in "Tangled" - "BEST DAY EVER!" We did have a great school day. Both kids showed a lot of patience, perseverance, and self-discipline. I loved Saara's new Bible verse that basically said that those who quarrel are fools. That helped to keep her from being too bossy, and Andrew from whining about her. :o) Siblings - never a dull moment.

In Language Arts, we tackled a new set of spelling words. I asked Andrew to trace the words using letter stencils. Just something new and different. 

Our Science class was fun. We reviewed the water cycle and the names and shapes of three types of clouds. I got some ideas and printable worksheets from Pinterest and Education.com.  And Andrew finally remembered the weird names of the three cloud types. 

In history, we revised the Hebrew Empire and its fall. Andrew did a good job retelling me the timeline of events from the arrival of the Canaanites to the East coast of the Med till the beginning of the Babylonian captivity. In his story, Andrew added a few facts he picked up from the video he watched yesterday. I am glad to see that the videos do help and that Andrew is paying attention. 

Again, it was a good day.

Andrew stenciling his new spelling words.

How do you get the water out of the sauce pan without touching the water? Answer: heat, vapor, condensation, precipitation. Sounds like water cycle, doesn't it?

Andrew learning about the clouds.



Saara got her first sewing lesson this afternoon. She is serious about it, isn't she?