Wednesday, January 30, 2013

'12/13 Week 21 Day 3

We had a whale of a day! Actually, most of it was centered around the Groundhog Day. This year February 2nd falls on a Saturday and as we are having our last (short) school day of the week tomorrow, I decided to make today the 'groundhog special' day. The 'special' consisted of several worksheets and a video on groundhogs. But, it was something different and it surely brought a bit of excitement into our day.

I did not plan this to be the main thing, but the kids did like the 'whale' I built for our Bible story time this morning a lot. Of course, the story was "Jonah And the Whale". I left the 'whale' up for the whole day and we did most of our school work on the 'back' of the animal.

Tomorrow, we will go to the library for the story time and do some more work at home. Should be another fun day! 

My 'Jonahs' on the ship about to be thrown overboard.

:o) I got the idea for the whale from a picture I saw on Pinterest.

Our 'Nineveh'.

We started our 'Groundhog Special Day' with a video about groundhogs.

Saara's coloring within lines is pretty much perfect now. The coloring page is from Education.com

For his Language Arts today, Andrew copied and compiled sentences about groundhogs. The ideas for the sheets came again from things I have seen elementary school teachers post on Pinterest.

Saara is working on Groundhog Day Addition sheet (1st Grade level!)

All smiles. Andrew took his 8th test today and scored 26 points out of 27, and completed his last pages in Book 1. Onto the Book 2 now!