Monday, February 4, 2013

'12/13 Week 22 Day 1

We loved this week end! Lots of 'groundhogging' and 'superbowling'. Fun in every minute!
Saara helped me plant beetroot seedlings Andrew and I sowed weeks ago.

Andrew mixing brownie batter for our Groundhog Day brownies.

Brownie mix from the box, frosting from a tub, leftover sprinkles, and graham bears can make a decent 'Groundhog Day cake'.

Andrew during the Super Bowl. I guess, he is not much into football... :o)

Saara after the Super Bowl. She was much into reading aloud to her friends.
At school today we took it easy. Andrew did his reading and spelling in Language Arts. He stepped into 'the hundreds' place value in math. Also, we left Assyria for Babylonia, and moved from studying skin to studying hair and nails. A good day. Tomorrow is going to be even better!
For two years in a row Andrew has been using this calendar and he loves it.

I had the 'little' table out for the kids during the Super Bowl and Saara preferred to do her school work at it today. Andrew has been making snowflakes for two days.

Andrew and I have been watching a documentary called "The Ten Greatest Discoveries of Egypt". Both of us have been fascinated by Dr. Zahi Hawass' stories how the discoveries had been made. Not a bad way to wait for the shower to pass. Now, back outside!