Last week was kind of relaxing compared to the previous hectic months. Saara has been helping me catch up with gardening chores. Andrew finished reading his last Reading Practice book and I started him on a new one from the "Magic School Bus" series. The one we already finished talked about the way our heart works. I was pleased to hear how much Andrew remembered from our Human Body studies a few months ago. We also finished the beloved "Detectives in Togas."
Last week saw us traveling to town a few times as well and all that was done for fun! Again. :) What made my heart glad was to see Andrew overcome is usual initial shyness when meeting new kids. Both Saara and Andrew made new friends this week and met up with old ones and had fun. Again.
| The magic show at the library. The children were roaring with laughter and I too had not laughed this much in a while. |
| The sneezing dragon act was kids' favorite part of the show. |
![]() |
| With the magician Brett Roberts. |
| A true summer activity for boys: water gun battle! |
| Pool time again. A beach ball rescue operation. |
| Saara wanted to help me bake bread. So, I put her to work kneading dough. |
![]() |
| Some of our favorite stores in the whole world are the book stores. We visited a couple of them this week. |
![]() |
| Andrew has discovered the joys of reading, I believe. |
![]() |
| Besides, the children's section is a good place to just hang out and meet new friends. |
![]() |
| In another store, Saara was able to get a little crafty and make a patriotic wand. |





