Monday, August 26, 2013

'13/14 Week 2 Day 1

Right after our Bible reading this morning, we dove into science. I asked both Saara and Andrew to build a picture of the water cycle. Both kids gave a short presentation explaining the cycle and using the charts that they made. 

LA. I think, both of us - Andrew and me - are very encouraged with the path that we have taken for writing practice. He wants to write and come up with sentences. We still practice spelling and learn grammar, but writing seems to have taken a front seat right now. 
For Andrew's reading practice, he started on "The Cat In the Hat". I must say, reading poetry and rhyming lines is much easier on and for him. Andrew's reading is more fluent and less choppy. He is surprised himself.

Science. Saara giving her presentation on the water cycle.

Science. We continued learning about the rainbow today.