Tuesday, August 27, 2013

'13/14 Week 2 Day 2

Out of breath, but happy!
 I was pleasantly surprised to be done before two in the afternoon! Two o'clock is our average end of the school day time. Things did go smoothly today. In History, in Geography, in Science, Andrew remembered the key facts about the things we have been learning about, and it made the classes go by much faster. Saara, too, was on top of her subjects. Thankful for a good day!

When I saw the last page of Andrew's math lesson today, I knew, he would be rather overwhelmed with the pure volume of all the addition problems, as easy as they may have been. So, out came the cookies to reward him for every row done. I am not much into using sweets as rewards, but sometimes one has to. And, sure enough, Andrew was motivated and focused to complete the whole page in a very good time.
We finished our day with a few exercises. For balance, the kids jumped on 'stepping stones'. I changed up the path ever so often to keep the challenge fresh. They loved it so much, they did not want to stop! We also did some backwards crab walking - something the kids had not tried before, but mastered well pretty fast.

Outside, Andrew and Saara flew the Frisbee around a little. I challenged them to fly it through a hula hoop. It was not that easy.

Saara is looking forward to our reading time tonight. I found these paper dolls on line and cut them our last night. Saara saw me do it, and got very excited.