Wednesday, September 4, 2013

'13/14 Week 3 Day 2

What a fun day we had yesterday! Saara had her first ballet class. She was not too sure about it at first, but she got over her anxiety of meeting a LOT of new people before the class started. She loved the whole experience and wanted to have a class every day!
Both kids also enjoyed our lunch at a restaurant and then a nice afternoon at the museum with friends. A great day!

Well, today we were back at the grindstone. Not SO fun. :)

During our Bible reading, the kids said that they want to read their own Beginner Bibles. I had no objections to that. We will still continue with Saara's Bible Stories book, but the kids will read their chapters as well. It will make the Bible time a bit longer, but I do not mind. I love it - they want to read!

Our Science and LA went really well and fast, but during our History class, I noticed Andrew starting to 'droop'. He paid attention and was answering my questions focused, but later while finishing his Math workbook, things got out of hand, and my boy ended up getting sick. He is laying down now and telling me he is feeling better. And that he wants to build a fort with couch cushions. I might take it as a good sign. :)
LA. Andrew may know is letter sounds, but Saara is still learning (although she can read Level 2 books - go figure.) Both kids love the short animal animation on my computer: http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=1mQivl8OfFU

More LA. Andrew has moved from Common and Proper Nouns to Pronouns. Andrew and Saara did some pronoun sorting this afternoon: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pronoun-Chart-Printable-Activity-633261