Thursday, December 12, 2013

13/14 Week 14 Day 4

We had not had any Bible plays for such a long time. Finally, this morning we had a story that promised to be a great one for a play. So, out I went into the cold morning and dragged inside the children's wagon, cleaned it up, and readied it for the play. The kids had loads of fun and, I am sure, will remember this particular story for a long time.
Bible. The Philistines' fish god Dagon and the stolen Ark of Covenant.

Morning #1: the Philis are shocked to see their god down in front of the Ark.

Morning #2: the Philis are scared for their god has fallen and broken to pieces.

Everywhere the Ark was dragged, the Philis broke out in painful sores. ("Mom, can Andrew and I paint each others faces later?" "No!")

The Philis did not want the Ark around any longer, so ...

... they built a wagon, loaded the Ark and a pot of golden jewelry, yoked up two cows and sent the bundle back to the Israelites.

The Israelites sure were glad to have the Ark back.

Some daredevils got too curious and peeked inside the Ark. They did not live long.

Fun and games aside, we did a lot of serious work today and will do more tomorrow. And somehow, we will try to squeeze in an additional choir practice and library visit. Full day ahead. Did I say, tomorrow is Saara's birthday as well?
The kids learning about estimation.

I was looking for cards with the Breille alphabet and dug up some boxes with old school materials in the process. The kids were all over it looking through the sheets and workbooks they filled since they started school two years ago. "I remember that!" what I kept hearing over and over.

Civics. From the US symbols we have moved on to some important people in the US history. Last week we started reading about George Washington and today we continued learning some facts about his life and the Revolutionary War.