Thursday, May 8, 2014

'13/14 Week 32 Day 4

A rainy day. Finally! Part of me is very thankful for the much-needed rain. The other part is sad because Andrew's game was cancelled. 

None of the above had any effect on our school day. In math, Andrew moved on to memorizing multiplication with 4. In LA, we learned and practiced commas in compound sentences. 

Our longest class was history. We took a break from wars and conflicts. For almost an hour we read and listened to some of the greatest composes who lived in the 18th and 19th centuries. The kids recognized a couple of pieces ("The Little Night Music", "The Ode to Joy"), and now they also learned who wrote this magnificent music. 

The surprise of the day: Andrew was sitting so still and listened intently to a Gregorian chant (St. John the Baptist) I played to them. I like them too. A lot.

Math. She is a shopper. She needs to learn how to count money. :)

I love this moment: chubby fingers figuring out the answers to problems.