Friday, March 18, 2016

Bullock Texas State History Museum: The Story of Texas

The Story of Texas was a thorough account of the history of Texas from the Spanish colonists to the present. It was not only history but a story of Texas culture as well. We watched a short video on how Texas and Texans have been portrayed in Hollywood; read about how the cattle, cotton, and oil changed the state, recognized some names of singers and actors who hail from Texas. Looking at all this history and achievements of Texas, I was kind of proud my kids were born here and that I am blessed to call this state my home.
 






Some Mexican swords.





Now I know why there's a cannon on the flag.




Entering the Alamo

Another short video on the war for independence.

The Surrender of Santa Anna by William Henry Huddle

Some Mexican artifacts from the battlefield of San Jacinto.

Southern plantation life.


Saara with the cotton bales. 




On the drive.

A nod to the East Texas pine.