Saturday, April 2, 2016

'15/16 Week 29

This week went by very fast. This year, Andrew and Saara do not have their baseball practices on the same day, so every evening one of them is at the ballpark. Baseball has made our days longer. Often times, Andrew gets home before 9 pm. His bed time has changes, and so has his wake-up time. This is another reason I am thankful I am homeschooling my kids - I can let them sleep in the morning and start our school day a little later. 
Science. Andrew dyed some onion skins to see the cells better under the microscope.

Preparing a wet mount.


We also looked at some tiny roots under the microscope.

Another fun thing that Andrew did: he built his own -and rather accurate - compass.



He used the compass to solve some letter mysteries.

Friday night after dinner. I did not mind the messy table nor did I ask the kids to clean it up right then, because they both were deep into their books. I love these moments.

We had a visit from Mr. Drake and Mrs. Duck.